Thursday, March 05, 2009

Was that God?!

How could I have missed it?! There was a third time in the scriptures that the voice of God spoke to attest to Jesus' identity. The first was at His baptism. The second was on the mount of Transfiguration. And here buried in John 12:28 is a third occurrence. And I never realized it was there!

Of course, I'm not alone in missing the voice of God. In fact, the crowd standing around Jesus in that moment didn't recognize that it was the voice of God. They thought it was thunder (vs. 29). How could they miss it!? Maybe they weren't listening.

I wonder how many times I miss God's voice in my day to day life. Or how many times do I mistake God's voice for some natural event. Am I listening? Do I expect God to speak to me? Are you?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Lessons from Eve

The first mother, Eve, had 2 sons,  Cain and Abel. Cain worked the soil; Abel kept flocks. When taking their offerings to God, Cain was jeal...