Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do you pray with your children at night?

Do you pray with your children at night before they go to sleep? We've practiced this discipline every since our children were born. We pray and sing every night without fail by their bedside. I'm sure most of you do the same.

Last night after I prayed and sang with my daughter, she startled me with a question. "Daddy," she said. "Why don't big people pray and sing?" Immediately I thought the message my daughters is getting is that praying and singing is just for kids and once she grows up she'll no longer practice it.

I told her I prayed in my mind before I went to sleep at night, but I prefered to listen to music rather than sing it. But I am making plans to pray with my wife before bedtime and even make sure my children are aware of it.

What about you? Do you pray and sing before bed each night? It might not be a bad idea. Especially if you have children.

No comments:

Lessons from Eve

The first mother, Eve, had 2 sons,  Cain and Abel. Cain worked the soil; Abel kept flocks. When taking their offerings to God, Cain was jeal...