Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Matt Parkman Moment

We recently wrapped up a series at KCC based on the hit TV show Heroes.

In my daily Bible reading I am reading the story of Jesus healing the paralytic from Mark 2:1-12. After the paralytic's friends literally tear the roof off of the house where Jesus is teaching, He does something astounding. He reads the teachers of the law's thoughts! I immediately had a Matt Parkman moment! For those of you who may not follow the show, Matt Parkman is the character who has the heroic gift of reading other people's thoughts.

I guess I shouldn't act so surprised, I mean after all, we are teaching our children in our childrens program, Caraway Street, that God is omniscient. So logically, Jesus knowing all, would be able to hear someone's thoughts. Yet the passage hit home after watching Parkman use his gift on TV. Jesus knows all our thoughts...

No comments:

It may be Friday, but Sunday is coming!

Easter Sunday will be here in a few short days. Christians all over the world will celebrate our Savior's victory over sin and death. Th...